- Basic rod set-up for upstream fresh water fly fishing
- Basic leader, tippet configurations and knots
- Basic overview of trout behaviour and feeding habits
- Basic trout food and fly selection
- Basic overhead casting, mending and line control
- Practical (on-stream) fundamentals of up-stream dry fly and nymph fishing
Accommodation and Meals
Linecasters can accommodate participants in comfortable self catering cottages in the village of Rhodes. Meals can be booked by us at one of the local restaurants or participants can self-cater. Tea’s are served at the academy venue.
What To Bring
Camera, hat, sun-block, jacket or polar fleece top, technical quick drying pants and shirts, wading boots / waders, neoprene socks and gravel guards, fly-pack or vest, net, Polaroid’s and a water bottle.
Linecasters can equip up to five participants with a rod, reel and line, for those who have not yet purchased their first fly fishing outfit.
If participants have their own equipment, it is advisable to bring it so that we can ensure that your outfit is correctly set up.
2 – 5 Weight rods, reels and floating lines will be needed.
Fred Steynberg (R.E.F.F.I.S / THETA guide and instructor).