River: Lower Sterkspruit and Lower Bell River
Where to purchase ticket: BIGMAC or Linecasters (045 9749298)
Access: Although a high clearance vehicle is preferable, a sedan vehicle can be driven to the gate of the beat via the R396.
Scroll down for more information.
- Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss).
- Smallmouth yellow fish (Labeobarbus aeneus).
- Smallmouth yellowfish from October to March.
- Rainbow trout from September to mid May.
- Rods: 3 – 4W rods, reels and floating lines.
- Leaders: 7 – 9’, 3 – 4X tapered leaders.
- Tippet: 4 – 5X.
- Dry flies: hoppers, flying ants, elk-wing caddis, sawfly wasp and larva, green beetle etc.
- Nymphs: Beadhead GHRE, PTN and Zak, dragonfly nymphs, caddis larva etc.
Suggested fishing method: Up-stream dead drift.