River: Middle Bell River
Where to purchase ticket: Rhodes Info Centre (045 9719 003 – Margie). R150/rod/day.
Restrictions: Fly fishing only and strictly catch-and-release.
Access: A high clearance vehicle is recommended.
Scroll down for some more information and a short video about Lovedale.
- Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss).
- Rainbow trout from September to mid May.
- Rods: 2 – 3W rods, reels and floating lines.
- Leaders: 9’, 4 – 5X tapered leaders.
- Tippet: 4 – 6X.
- Dry Flies: hoppers, flying ants, elk-wing caddis, parachute adams, black adams, klinkhammer’s etc.
- Nymphs: Beadhead PTN and Zak, golden stonefly, flashback nymphs etc.
Suggested fishing method: Up-stream dead drift.